Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Avery Elle / Otterly Fantastic

Hello!  I am here with a card that starts off my Valentine's using the adorable new set called Otterly Fantastic from Avery Elle.

Otterly Fantastic

Since alcohol inks have "come back in style", I used them here to create a water backdrop for my otter.  I started my card off with a panel of Yupo paper from Ranger.  These inks work best with this type of paper.  To an applicator, I added a felt pad (different than what we use for ink blending) and added a few, random drops of Mermaid, Citrus, and Silver Mixative.  They really only need to be drops as the next step is to add a few drops of Alcohol Blending Solution to the felt pad.  To create my background, I used the applicator and simply placed it on the paper, twisted, and lifted off.  I repeated this for the entire panel.  After letting the panel dry, I used the Wonky Stitches Die to die cut the panel.  

Otterly Fantastic4

My otter was Copic colored with E42, E43, E44 and die cut with the coordinating Otterly Fantastic Elle-ments.  What I love is that there is a die that cuts the paws so that the otter can "hold" something!  In this case since this is for Valentine's, I used the heart stamp from the set.  Using Scalloped & Pierced Hearts Elle-ments, I die cut a red heart and white heat embossed the sentiment.  After adding the heart to the right side, I added the otter and a few extra hearts.  This panel was added to my alcohol ink background created earlier. 

Otterly Fantastic3


Don't be afraid of trying new things with the alchol inks.  I have even "messed up" and simply laid more color down over it.  Have fun creating some amazing backgrounds!

Supplies:
Otterly Fantastic
Otterfly Fantastic Elle-ments
Wonky Stitches Die
Scalloped & Pierced Hearts Elle-ments

1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness ! That little critter is so cute !

Related Posts with Thumbnails