Saturday, January 21, 2017

Stretch Your Dies--Make a Coverplate!

Stitched Hearts

I'm here with a Valentine made with just Sugar Cuts dies from SugarPea Designs.  I love stitched dies and the trio of hearts in the Heart Journal Card are no exception since they have stitching around the “outside” of the hearts!
I wanted to create my own “cover plate” with this trio of hearts so that I would end up with a total stitched heart background.  This was so easy to do since the die is rectangle…….I lined up my die to the edge of my paper and attached with Washi tape.  After die cutting and before removing the die, I drew a very light pencil line down the long side of the die.  This makes for perfect placement for the rest of the panel.  I did this for the whole panel and adhered small white stripes of paper to the top/bottom.  After adding foam adhesive to the back of my newly created stitched heart panel, I added it to a top folding notecard with purple pattern paper.  You know all those hearts that were die cut out?  I re-adhered some back into the hearts for a fun touch.  To finish my card, I added a black die cut “love” to a vellum flag from Stitched Flags.  
Stitched Hearts2

4 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh Amy you rock. I love how you made your own heart cover plate. WOW.

Unknown said...

Love this card! Making your own cover plate is an awesome idea. I really like the idea of making the entire card from dies: fast and easy with less of a mess. Also adore this purple, as it is my favorite color! Thanks so very much the inspiration!

Missy Pink said...

WOW I Love this so much Amy, That purple just makes that card just pop, very cool and that love sentiment in black is so damn perfect. x

HJ said...

Beautiful card. I love the purple and the different hearts. Great job on making your own coverplate. You are very creative. TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails